Assistant Professor - Department of Agriculture
Southeast Missouri State University
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 202200137
Location: Cape Girardeau, MO
Department of Agriculture
College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Teach undergraduate courses in one or more of the agriculture disciplines (agribusiness, agriculture communication, agriculture education, agriculture system management, animal science, horticulture, and agronomy/crops and soils). The successful candidate will participate in curriculum development, conduct appropriate research or scholarly activity within the discipline, and will provide new expertise to help lead the program in new directions. Additional responsibilities include: advising students, serving on committees, professional development, and collaboration with area stakeholders.
- Earned Ph.D. or ABD (with degree completion by August 1, 2022) in one of the agriculture disciplines or related field. Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/ government certified university
- Possess theoretical knowledge and practical experience in agriculture and/or agribusiness
- Demonstrated commitment to student growth and achievement
- Demonstrated ability to deliver highly effective teaching in agriculture
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate experiential learning activities
- Demonstrated commitment to the teacher/scholar model
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality and collaboration within the University community and interest in interacting with external constituents
- Evidence of effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multicultural populations and awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended, online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention, and degree completion.
Required Information & Deadline
Application Deadline: The position is available August 1, 2022. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by June 10, 2022.
To Apply: Submit the following items online by clicking on the APPLY button at the top of the page:
- Letter of application addressing all position qualifications
- Current curriculum vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research Interests
- Diversity Statement
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Names and contact information of three professional references.
Department of Agriculture: Information regarding the department can be found at www.semo.edu/agriculture.
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with five colleges, approximately 11,000 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters, and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Its intercollegiate athletics program is classified NCAA Division I and the University is a member of the Ohio Valley Conference. The University currently sponsors 15 sports: 6 for men and 9 for women. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 78,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/semoedu/jobs/3559326/assistant-professor-department-of-agriculture
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency