- Area Extension Educator - Canyon County - Cropping Systems
- Go to our website »
University of Idaho
Area Extension Educator - Canyon County - Cropping Systems
Location: Off Campus Location - Southern District
Division/College: College of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho Extension is seeking to hire an Assistant or Associate to serve as Area Extension Educator in the Southern District. The Area Extension Educator will provide leadership in all county and district sustainable cropping systems programs (90%). The Educator will provide assistance in university outreach where appropriate. They will plan, develop, implement, evaluate, and report cropping systems programs for stakeholders and clientele. They will maintain agency and industry partnerships and recruit external funding to support applied field research work, demonstration sites, and collaborative Extension programs. In addition, the Educator will provide county and multi-county support for 4-H Youth Development in the agricultural project area (10%).
- Masters of Science in agricultural area that may include Crop Science, Plant Pathology, Agronomy, Soil Science, Horticulture, Extension Education, or other closely related Agricultural Science degrees.
- Experience providing organizational structure and support for a variety of individuals and groups.
- Experience collaborating in teams focused on achieving positive educational outcomes.
- Experience adapting research materials into effective oral and written presentations.
- Experience using up-to-date computer technology to market programs and communicate with stakeholders and clientele.
- Experience conducting interdisciplinary research/educational programs leading to advances in cropping systems.
- At least 3 years cropping systems management, business, or technical work experience (relevant experience acquired within last 5 years preferred).
- Extension experience providing effective instruction, support, and promotion for educational programs.
- Experience in securing and managing extramural grants.
- Knowledge of Hispanic culture and ability to speak/read Spanish.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Must be able to travel and adjust to a flexible schedule (i.e. participate in evening and weekend programs).
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: F001100P
Posting Date: 01/30/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by March 28, 2023, will receive first consideration.
Along with your on-line application, write a letter of qualification addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed.
In addition, your application materials must include a CV, names & contact information for at least three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts.
For questions, please contact:
Patrick A. Momont
UI-Extension Southern District
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency