Agriculture Production Instructor, Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 02070
Posting Date: 04/30/2019
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Part-Time Academic
Rate: $60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or your college HR office.
Work Week: Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for employee paid health benefits.
College/Site: Porterville College
Location: PC-Main Campus
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff part-time adjunct positions for the 2019-20 academic year.
The successful applicant for the
Agriculture Production Instructor will be expected to develop and provide instruction in agriculture. Curriculum development for the Agriculture Production program will be required for this position.
This assignment may include teaching at other campus sites, day, evening, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning and using multiple teaching methodologies.
Other duties include: participation in student recruitment and articulation of programs; maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and multimedia technologies; assessing student learning and program level outcomes; collegial participation in departmental, college and discipline-specific professional activities.
Education and Experience:
Any bachelors degree and two years of professional experience,
OR Any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
AND A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Degree and/or experience in one of the following: agricultural business, agricultural engineering, agricultural mechanics, agronomy, animal science, enology, environmental (ornamental) horticulture, equine science, forestry, natural resources, plant science, pomology, soil science, viticulture or other agriculture science
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate that they are broadly prepared and have a depth of knowledge in the discipline. In addition, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities:
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and service to diverse student population;
- Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic and vocational goals;
- Ability to develop curriculum, including curriculum delivered via different modalities;
- Ability to participate in recruitment and articulation activities with local schools, colleges and universities;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain subject matter currency;
- Ability to assess student learning outcomes;
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to explore new technologies that would benefit the program;
- Knowledge of and commitment to the California Community College mission.
- Ability to provide leadership within the discipline and college initiatives to improve student learning.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively with college committees and other organizations and to be involved in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/12461. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency