This ad is expired.
Position Title:Academic Director, Veterinary Science
Hourly Rate: Exempt – D61/ Step 10-14
Closed Date: July 30, 2020 5 P.M. (Arizona time)
The Academic Director for Veterinary Science functions as the program lead and is responsible for directing strategic planning, administration, and coordination of the College's Veterinary Programs, which includes Veterinary Technology and Veterinary Assistant; providing leadership and direction; ensuring excellence in all aspects of the operation of the program; ensuring the Veterinary programs/courses align with district vision, mission and goals; and, directing and leading special projects and initiatives assigned by the division's dean. The director will work closely with business and industry to determine workforce needs; and, identify the skills, knowledge and dispositions that are needed. The Academic Director will teach one or more courses in the program.
To be located at the East Campus with college-wide responsibilities for the Veterinary programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the activities of assigned programs or services to include: planning, implementing, administering, and evaluating projects and services having impact throughout the College
- Supervise employees, including faculty and staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; scheduling classes, conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff and faculty are trained; and, making hiring, termination and disciplinary recommendations
- Comply with and actively manage and report on all CVTEA accreditation standards, including all reporting requirements, outcome and competency tracking, changes in administration, organization, association and major changes in the curriculum, faculty, or stated objectives.
- Advise or respond to questions from other college departments, regarding complex issues or policies impacting assigned programs, services, or operations
- Establish, monitor, evaluate, and improve processes, procedures, and/or standards, ensuring alignment with the College mission, values, goals, objectives, initiatives, and local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Administer functional contract proposals and committees; manage the selection and deployment of contracts
- Direct and supervise the collection of technical data and the preparation of a variety of complex reports, statements, and communications impacting employees, programs, grants, and service providers or vendors providing analysis and recommendations
- Develop, administer, and monitor budgets; implement and allocate resources following budget approval; approve expenditures
- Evaluate and communicate the impact of potential legal or regulatory changes affecting the College
- Develop, plan, implement, and administer organizational goals and objectives
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level as required
- Doctorate in Veterinary Medicineand
- Certified to teach in one of the disciplines in the programand
- Experience in establishing and working with budgets, team-building skills, and program creation and managementand
- Recent work experience in the industry
- 3-5 years of teaching experience at the post-secondary level in veterinary technology or veterinary medicine.
- Knowledge of CVTEA accreditation standards
- Demonstrated experience in writing, administration, and reporting
- Experience leading veterinary science programs
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and leadership experience in compliance with accrediting bodies, specifically the CVTEA
- Managerial/supervisory principles
- Budget/resource management
- Strategic planning
- Project management conflict resolution
- Experience in and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students and the community at large
- Change management skills and entrepreneurial focus
- Passion for continuous learning and self-improvement
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Develop and maintain cooperative educational partnerships
- Use a collaborative, consultative, and inclusive management style
- Use technology effectively in the program and in management work
- Experience using research and data to inform decision-making
To apply, visit: https://pima.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/8/home/requisition/677?c=pima
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency